Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Salmon and Prawns in red Thai curry





Hi dear friends, thank you for spending some of your time here in my blog. Today is a curry day and this post is requested by Ivy ,who wants to know how to make a red curry dish. In my kitchen, I am using 2 kinds of curry, red and green. My husband and I lovveeeeeeeee curry simply because of its exotic taste , it taste like a combination of all the herbs in the garden. It is spicy yet it has a very special taste that will lift your soul up in the clouds :)))

I never made curry dishes before  in Philippines, and I was not eating spicy food in my mother's kitchen. We had some dip with chili on it but we were not used to add too much chili in our food. When I moved to  Norway, I went to Norwegian class with Thai ladies. They used to invite me and had dinner at  their home, and there came my real love to curry. I made my own version at home and my husband loved it. And I was even surprised that he wanted it spicier . Since then curry became our Sunday dinner:)

You can buy  red curry paste in asian stores, just look for the brand called AROY D



For those who are living in Norway, you can find small glasses of red and green curry in ICA, Spar, Meny and other grocery stores.

For the new beginners, you can start to add 1 tsp of curry paste . If you want it spicier, just add more. Adjust, adjust and adjust according to your taste.


Ingredients:

250g salmon filet,cubed ( or any fish you like)
10 pieces prawns,cleaned
2 tsp of oil
1 tbsp red curry paste (you can begin with 1 tsp if you want a mild taste)
1 cup of coconut oil
1tsp of sugar
1 tbsp of fish sauce ( you can substutite this with soy sauce)
1 carrot, thinly sliced
brocolli, as much as u like
1 eggplant or a half of aubergine, thinly sliced
1/4 part of onion,sliced
1/4 part of bell pepper,sliced (green,red or yellow)
baby mais or mini mais ( as much as u like)
bean sprouts, (as much as u like)
scallions, sliced thinly (as much as u like)
bamboo shoots, sliced (as much as u like)
green peas ( as much as u like)

(All the veges listed above are optional, you can add whatever veges you like)



Procedure:

Warm the oil in a pan and add the curry paste. Saute.







Add coconut milk,sugar and fish sauce (or soy sauce) and let it simmer.






Add salmon and prawns. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.






Add all the vegetables and stir.






Cover the pan and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
Adjust according to your taste by adding salt.






                                                                         Done!
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment