Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Simple Binangkal





Binangkal is a bisayan snack ,we can also call it "hard roll with sesame seed" or "hard doughnut with sesame seeds" This is my first time to make this snack and it went very well. I use the simple recipe and I only used milk. Some recipes has a condensed milk on it and it has for sure a condensed milk aroma or taste than the binangkal without condensed milk. I decided to try the simple one because I am not a complicated person:)))


Ingredients:






2 1/ cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar ( I used white sugar)
2/3 cups milk  (evaporated milk will do, I used whole cream milk)
2 tbsp oil
Sesame seeds


Oil for frying




Procedure:




Procedure:
Sift all dry ingredients and put in a bowl or kitchen machine/mixer.



Add all the wet ingredients. And mix well until it become a dough.






Form into small balls and coat each with sesame seeds and let it roll again in your hands so the sesame seeds will stick on the dough. Use more flour if the dough is too sticky.



 


Let stand for 15 minutes and deep fry until golden brown (low heat to avoid burning the binangkal)
Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towel.






Well done binangkal.
 




4 comments: