Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Simple Banana Cake

Today is Valentine day, I usually bake a cake and make a Valentine dinner for my husband as a gift,why? Because I believe that a man will appreciate more a homemade yummy dinner and a dessert than something that is packed in a box:)

I called this "simple" banana cake because all the ingredients are very easy to find in a local stores. I also have another banana cake recipe withe sour cream on it and it is not easy to find this ingredients especially in Philippines if you are living far from the big grocery stores.
Happy Baking!!

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk (if you are using evap milk, you can use half 3/4 c evap milk and 1/4 water)
2 cups flour( strained)
1tsp baking soda
1 heaped tsp baking powder
2 medium size very ripe mashed bananas (lakatan is ok to use when u are living in Philippines)






Procedure:



1. Cream together egg,sugar,oil and milk. (mix for 2 minutes)





  
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla sugar together (if u use vanilla liquid, u can mis it together with the wet ingredients show above).



3. Add the flour the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix for 2 mins.


4.  Add mashed banana and mix for 2 mins.



5. Grease the cake pan with oil or butter.



6. Pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake in the oven for  35-40 mins at 180*C.



7. This is what it looks like..



8. I made and decorated a simple rectangle banana cake into a Valentine Cake for my husband and kids.





Happy Valentines Day!!





Behind the scene:))







I enjoy baking with my kids and I think it makes the cake yummier:)







3 comments:

  1. Gratulerer med den nye bloggen!! Har ikke lagt merke til dette før i dag:-)

    Ser fantastisk fin og iøynefallende ut hele siden.
    Fine bilder krydret med søte unger:-)))

    I hope recipe-grabbing is allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments Te Emz:) Anyone can come and grab the recipes of course. But I think you don't need it,coz I know ur such a good food maker:)

    ReplyDelete