Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jasmin's Homemade sushi



This is my first time making sushi and I have no idea how to make it. But Jasmin,my sister, had done this many times already. So, I made her do the work and I am only her assistant:)  This is homemade and we have no proper sushi equipments but we use  other helpful stuffs to get this sushi yummy and good looking.


Ingredients:


A pack of sushi nori wrap (you can buy it in asian store)
Half glass of water with 1 tsp of sugar  or soy sauce with a little bit of sugar.
Boiled sushi rice ( around 2 cups)
5-10 boiled king prawn ( use a bbq skewer to stretch the prawn,like what u can see in the pic above)
Some crab sticks
Scrambled egg,sliced lengthwise
Avocado,sliced thinly
cucumber, sliced thinly
preserved or pickled sushi ginger

Procedure:

Wet the rice with water/sugar mixture or soy sauce with a little bit of sugar.
Do not use too much water, just enough to make the rice soft and wet.





Lay a placemat on the table and the sushi nori wrap on it. Spoon some rice on the nori sushi wrap and just scatter it evenly.




On the lower part of the scattered rice, line up all the ingredients, and it is ready to roll.







After rolling, I cut the sushi into small pieces. That all for the  Nori sushi.



And here is SUSHI NIGIRI




Spoon a handful of rice and make a form like you can see in the picture using your palm.

And then just put the prawn on top of it.





We put and lined up all the sushis we made on a plate and just use some of the remaining ingredients as garnish or decor. I make a soy sauce and lemon mixture for my dip.



Hope you will try this. Good luck and enjoy the sushi:)



2 comments:

  1. Hi che, I really appreciate your industry and interest of learning new things and apply them into action despite of your busy schedules as a mom, wife and a worker...Well, you are still young and have long years to go so keep up the good works....I am happy to see what you have achieved...Miss our bonding and happy times together. Am proud of you che, love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice words, I know very well that those words came from your heart:) I do believe that life is continous study and we are learning everyday:) I apply what I learn in my daily life coz I feel that it is important to share it in my own special way:) Please write your name at the end of your message so that I can recognize you. I know u are a good friend of mine, so, I will say " I love you too"

      Delete